Family Worship Guides:
Through our family ministry at First Baptist Seminole, our staff and leaders believe that the job of primary spiritual teaching of a kid’s life is given to parents. We at FBC are wanting you all as parents to know that we are your biggest fan/supporter, equipping you and cheering you on as your share Jesus with your child at home.
To this end we have started making Family Worship Guide’s to help guide activities and conversations at home to nail down the truths of God’s word for your child. These stories, activities, and scriptures go hand in hand with the preschool and children’s ministry small group time at 9:30 on Sunday morning. You can find these family worship guides every Sunday at the welcome area of both the preschool and children’s areas, through a greeter handing you one, or at the entrances of the sanctuary. Your child can take part in the activities during the large family worship service at 10:45 on Sunday, then the family activity is something you could do during the week at home together. I pray this is a help for you and your child as you walk with Jesus this week. This family worship guide is from the past couple weeks.
- Purpose: As a church, we are called to and tasked with partnering with parents to be the spiritual leaders of their homes. Our prayer is that you as parents would feel equipped as we partner with you to lead your children to Jesus. When you succeed at home, we succeed at church. This activity, is a suggestion for you as a family to do together to drive home the main point of what your child has been learning in their small group time on Sunday’s.
Title: Gospel Sharing through a Wordless Book
Small Group Connection: In small group time, your child over the past few weeks, has been looking at the last week of Jesus’s life and specifically Jesus’s triumphant resurrection from the dead. During that last week (Luke 22:1-24:12) Jesus went through some pretty difficult things on His road to the cross. For children, sometimes it is hard for them to understand why Jesus had to go through all of that. In this activity, you will get the opportunity to show your child why Jesus came to the Earth, endured tough circumstances, went to the cross, to save us from sin.
Directions: Schedule a time to read scripture together as a family. This could be before, during, or after a family dinner together. Read Luke 24:1-12. After you read together, you do this quick activity to drive home the point of The Gospel, the story of Jesus’s life/death/resurrection.
- Pages for the book can be found at this link: https://www.ourfamilyforhisglory.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/wordless-book.pdf
- Scissors and hole punch (it helps to have them cut and hole punched ahead of time)
- Dirt or sand
- Glitter and/or jewels
- Pipe cleaner, ribbon, or binder ring
- The directions for walking through the making of this book can be found at this link: http://www.ourfamilyforhisglory.com/2013/06/how-to-share-the-gospel-with-our-kids/
- We would encourage you to visit the link as their will be greater insight into explaining the symbolism behind the different shapes in this book/activity.
- Black Heart with dirt/sand:
- Our hearts are dirty apart from God
- Red Heart with cross on it:
- When Jesus saved us because He loves us
- White Heart:
- When we love Jesus our heart is clean and not dirty anymore
- The leaf reminds us that we to grow in love for Jesus
- We need to shine our light for Jesus in the darkness
- When we love Jesus we are children of the King, prince and princesses of God.
Pray as a family
- Thank God for being good and loving to us. Thank God for Jesus. Ask God to help us know more about Him. Thank God for making our dirty hearts clean when we love Jesus. Ask God to help us be a light in this dark world.
Latest sermon from FBC’s corporate worship time: