The Garden Family Ministry is the family ministry of First Baptist Seminole in Seminole, Texas. The Garden is comprised of our preschool, children, student and adult ministries. We would love for you to look around through the different ministries and tabs on the menu to see what God is doing in the life of our church family, and see how your family can plug in.
The Garden Family Ministry: Our faith is found, planted, rooted, resting, growing and showing from 4 garden moments found in scripture:
- The Garden of Eden, where out of God’s overflowing goodness, love and grace sought to create mankind in His image. God created them to have them be known by their Creator and show the fullness of glory in creation. We are introduced to our God, Lord and King. (Genesis 1-2)
- The Garden of Gethsemane where Jesus sweating drops of blood is preparing/praying and submitting to The Father’s will to soon go to the cross paying the pardon/penalty of sin that was owed to His orphaned children making a way back to God. “Our Hope is built on nothing less than Jesus blood and righteousness”. (Genesis 3 produces Luke 22:39-46; Matt. 26:36-46)
- Because our God is Lord over all things and through Jesus Christ paid the penalty/wrath/debt of sin in His death on the cross, we find our third garden where Jesus defeated sin and death by raising from the grave sealing our hope in Him for eternity. (John 20:1-18)
- We wait with eager expectation for the coming of our Lord Jesus to come and restore/redeem all things back to Himself in the final garden in the new heaven and new earth in His presence forever. (Rev. 22:1-3)
This is a contact page with some basic contact information and a contact form.
- Lead Pastor: Joe Stewart
Joe returned to Seminole in December of 2016. FBC Seminole is where he was saved, married, and surrendered to vocational ministry. He also started on the 1979 state championship basketball team. As someone familiar with the West Texas culture, he is thrilled to return to the place of his roots. His greatest thrill is the hope that a 10 year old boy or girl will tune in and turn on to Jesus just like he did. Joe was educated at Seminole High School, received a B.A. from Angelo State University, a MDIV with Biblical Languages at Southwestern Theological Seminary in Fort Worth, and a Doctorate from Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky. His dissertation discussed the best ways of sharing the gospel in Western Culture by studying a missiologist named Lesslie Newbigin and the emerging church.
Joe loves anything Texas Tech especially as a suffering follower of athletics. He loves to read (come check out his library in his office) and watch movies. He married his high school sweetheart, Nancy Thornhill, and way outpunted his coverage. They have three grown daughters: Pamela Ramirez, Kimberly Trotter, and Kristen Stewart. They also spoil three grandchildren: Joey Ramirez, Christopher “Topher” Ramirez, and Bryce “Bubba” Trotter.
Favorite Biography: Shoe Dog by Phil Knight
Favorite Christian Book: Honest to God, Becoming an Authentic Christian by Bill Hybels and No Place for Truth: or Whatever Happened to Evangelical Theology by David F. Wells
Favorite Movie: The Princess Bride
Favorite Book of the Bible: Romans or Revelation
Favorite Scripture: I want to know him and the power of his resurrection, and share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death.Philippians 3:10
- Worship and Senior Adult Pastor: Sean Decker
- Sean came to FBC Seminole in the summer of 2010. A West Texas native, He brings his passion for worship and people into the life of the church each Sunday and Wednesday. Sean loves the new songs of the church that invite us into God’s presence as well as the rich hymns of our faith, and how modern hymn-writers are breathing new life into these historic songs and are bringing up newer generations to love them as well. Sean also ministers to our Senior Adults as well as our Students through worship and teaching. When Sean isn’t at church, he is enjoying time with his family; his beautiful wife Amber, and his children Caleb, Aubryn and Grayson. Some of their favorite pastimes are watching movies, cooking together, and diy home improvement projects. Sean’s favorite passage of scripture is Jeremiah 24:7 – “I will give them a heart to know that I am the Lord, and they shall be my people and I will be their God, for they shall return to me with their whole hearts.
- Student and Family Pastor: Aaron Gregory
- Aaron Gregory and his wife, Tristin, came back to Seminole in April of 2017. Aaron and Tristin dated, got engaged and married at First Baptist Seminole and this church family is near and dear to his heart. Aaron and Tristin, both, love Jesus more than anything else and pray/desire/yearn for children, students and families to come into a life changing relationship with their Creator, Savior and King Jesus Christ. Aaron is a sports dude to the core with football, baseball and ultimate frisbee being his favorite things to watch, follow, and play. Tristin loves little children and is a preschool teacher with Little Lambs preschool here in Seminole.